30/07/2012

Laval, some thoughts

I was on DN something like 15 minutes ago and a friend of mine, an annoying one, you know who you are, asked me for a laval deck. I was a follower of Lavals and I like to think of me as the inventor of the Laval Quasar, even if I'm not (I wrote the combo out of my head, once I posted it, wondering on the net, I read of another one that used pretty much the same combo, and his post was some days older. Sad.
However, I'm talking of old times, swaltering didn't exist, they were out in the OCG for only few days (5/6 I believe), I used them for a month, then I saw that most people I knew were using that deck, and, you know, I hate to use deck that a lot of other persons use too, so stopped following 'em. I've heard of Swaltering, was happy about that card, still, didn't re-started building and playing them. Since today.
I built something really fast, just put together cards that I believe that would have worked in there, and then tried it, just once. It was awesome how easy they could pull out the handmaiden combo, I had in hand 4 ways to do it, monk+spell (in this case GS), going into lavalval chain, then, Gold Sarcophagus+Cannon, I could have done this in two ways, going into chain (with cannoneer) or into lavalval dragun (with forest sprite), cannoneer+laval monster in hand (in this case cannon)+foolish.
This with only an hand of Gold Sarcophagus, Summoner Monk, Cannoneer, Cannon and Foolish, the other card was, just for the pleasure to say so, Boost Warrior. Next turn (I did GS+Cannoneer one going into chain) I drew into rekindling. I had nothing (he killed my chain), went into Quasar, drew 2 cards, one was another rekindling, used foolish sending flamvell magician and went into Stardust+Utopia. I miss old 3 Librarians and 3 Formulas times, I could have draw other 2 cards and having a possible BRD on opponent's turn, if needed, or arcanite.
Of course I don't expect drawing into double rekindling every time I play, but at least the handmaiden combo. The deck can play even without drawing into rekindling, it's way harder to keep the pace of this meta, but it's possible.
I won't post the list, for now, I just wanted to let you know that those cards have potential.
Well, was a fast post, See Ya.

Updates on actual works: I'm working on a new madolche decklist that works really good, till now, and I stopped developing Vylons, since I didn't like the deck after few test (the kay'est loop went usually good, but it was annoying for me playing the deck itself). Wait for a new Useful Rulings and Game Mechanics post, and maybe even a comparating card one.

No comments:

Post a Comment