24/08/2012

Oni-DAD



Monsters: [25]
1 Black Luster Soldier - EotB
1 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
3 Blue-Blooded Oni
1 Bone Crusher
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Endless Decay
3 Zombie Goblin
1 Gorz
2 Lyla
1 Mezuki
2 Photon Thrasher
1 Ryko
1 Sangan
2 Shutendoji
1 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Zombie Master

Spells: [14]
1 Allure of Darkness
3 Book of Life
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Heavy Storm
1 Inferno Reckless Summon
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Upstart Goblin

Traps: [1]
1 Return from the Different Dimension

I like this deck, the extra could be improved, but it's good enough to be played.
Well, the deck is based on Blu-Blooded Oni's capabilities of looping and swarming.
Let's just say an Oni in the grave (and another random zombie monster), shutendoji and photon thrasher in hand with no monsters on the field. If you've got upstart goblin or Book of Life/Monster Reborn, this'll make the combo kinda awesome.
SS Thrasher, NS Shutendoji
XYZ into Lavalval Chain, send mezuki to the grave detaching shuten
Eff Mezuki, SS Oni, detach thrasher, SS Shuten
Eff shuten, put mezuki on top deck
XYZ into Lavalval Chain, use its effect detaching oni to send mezuki
eff mezuki, SS oni, eff oni, detach and SS Shuten (you'll need another zombie monster in the grave to do so)
XYZ into the last lavalval chain, repeat the loop to go into another R4 monster
OR
if you've got a reborner, use lavalval chain's effect to put on top deck BLS/DAD (based on what you need and you can summon)
use the reborner to reborn oni, detach shuten and SS it.
Use shuten's effect to banish two zombies and draw bls
SS BLS and then go into another giant R4 monster

In the worst of cases the combo will end into 3 lavalval chains and another R4, (1800x3=5400+another R4, pearl would be perfect since he has exactly 2600, could be game if direct attack).
The combo could look hard to start, a bit situational, but it totally isn't. That's just one of the way to loop, one of the worst, youo can even abuse of zombie master to discard things from hand, do 3-Material XYZs and go into double oni and another monster. 3 Onis can combo like hell. Let's say you have an ouroboros on the field with two materials, detach one for oni, detach the second for oni, too, and you'll have 3 Onis on the field. You can then go into pearl, detach one to summon another oni and another one to summon the other one, and have again 3 onis, and one of those hasn't still used his effect.
I was thinking of dropping one ouroboros from the extra for the second pearl, for this.
Speaking of fixes I'd do, I'd drop tour guide, I don't like it anymore post-banned, since it has just one target in here, and since we're tight on the extra, I'd like to drop that leviair, too.
Bone Crusher is a tech, has tons and tons of potential, but right now I haven't used its effect once, in 30 games, more or less. Not sure what to do about this.
Inferno Reckless Summon, makes really easy OTKs with oni, if your opponent has bad targets, but I don't like opponent-relying cards, it's all based on luck, and I kinda lack it, lol.

So, I'd do:
-1 Tour
-1 Inferno Reckless Summon
-1 Bone Crusher

+1 Upstart Goblin (sometimes it's not possible banishing two targets for shutendoji's effect, and this substitutes the reborner to draw into BLS/DAD. Adds some speed to the deck, too)
+2 Call of the Haunted (maybe, dunno. Calls are always good, chainable to MST/Heavy Storm to search with goblin and sangan. Or this, or Silver Sentiner. And I'm serious about the latter, MST/Heavy Storm bait, SS itself and destroys nasty S/Ts that'll block our combo, while putting on the field the first lv4 we'll need for the first XYZ to start looping)

For the Extra I'd do:
-1 Leviair (no more tour, no more R3, and we need slots)
-1 Ghost Ship (it's just that I don't like it)
-1 Ouroboros (3 are just too much, even if it possible to loop with them, too)

+1 Pearl
+1 Chimeratech Fortress (if you want to keep one of those, you can drop this, then)/Gaia (against Thunder Family, monarch with illusion snatch, constellar, Chronomaly, ecc... with mind control)/photon papilloperative (among those, this is the one I like the most, since this can substitute ghost ship's main use, destroy reaper)
+1 Utopia Ray (well, you can detach from utopia to use oni's effect and then go into this, and you can steal opponent's utopias with mind control)

The deck has lot of power, sadly, some Backrows can easily stop this, then, you don't need to loop exactly when you have all of the pieces, be sure to kill their backrows, first. If you go against trap-less deck, be aware of gorz.
Try the deck, I believe you'll like this. If you have some questions, as always, just say it in the comments.

Oh, and, just a little thing, for the first card of the week of the banned (3th september), SHE will be an unexpected card, I'm looking forward to posting it. Try and guess.
Tomorrow I'll go to my first sneak peek, and, thus, the only real tournament. I'm looking for Madolche Majoleine, but I'm fine with no matter the madolche card.

Stay Tuned.

7 comments:

  1. You stole this deck. It is mine, I posted it on pojo http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1071748. You stole that shit almost card for card and gave no credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calling shit your deck could be bad, lol. I built this talking with a friend of mine on MSN, he can testify, I told him the idea, using Oni to loop with lavalval, and I subsequently built this.
      Do you want me explain why I put these cards? Would this help you believe I built this myself?
      Onis, loopers, 'nuff said.
      Shutendoji, help for loop, but 3 copies were too much and I needed slots.
      BLS, sorcerer and DAD, easily summonable and searchable via the loop.
      Zombie engine, mezuki is for loop, master helps setting up the loop, since he can send what you need to the grave, while doing the first lavalval to start, goblin is an awesome searcher, Bone crusher helps killing S/Ts that could hit our loop, and decay is an alternative game finisher searchable via the lavalval loop, if needed.
      LS Engine is there to mill needed cards, while destroying nasty opponent's cards, TK mainly for monsters, and tons of setted S/Ts.
      Gorz, win condition itself.
      Tour+Sangan, little engine that brings leviair to recycle mezuki or banished things (by shuten, mainly, but even the boss monsters).
      Thrasher goes into the first xyz, lavalval, to start the loop, and is light, good enough to be played.
      Zepyros, as always, goes into the first xyz, comboes with lavalval, recycles some zombies to discard 'em via master and so on.
      Allure is generally a good draw card, and topping something good with lavalval will make you have that card without banishing two zombies (the hardest part of the loop) for shuten, same goes for upstarts.
      Book of Life is a reviver to go into what you need, banishes opponent's nasty monsters (namely grapha, hornet, hunter, etc...), and helps you loop.
      Charge, said it in the LS engine, mills and search something that destroys, what's better?
      dark hole+reborn+heavy+mst+mind control=needed staples.
      Foolish sets-up your grave.
      Inferno is a loop enabler.
      RfDD is an alternative game finisher, in case your opponent goes into torrential when you summon BLS (yeah, shit happens in game 2/3 when opponent knows what you're playing).

      If that's not enough, I'm working on this deck since two months, but only recently I've got the idea of the lavalval loop, that's become the main win condition here.
      Just don't insult other casually, and don't spam. I'll leave the link this time, since someone might like to check out your build, but just don't do it anymore. And, next time, when you talk with someone you don't know and you're going to say him something like this, try a more calm approach, something like: "Hi, I'm *insert name here*, sorry if I bother you, but the deck you've posted here actually resembles my deck I posted on *insert name of the place where you posted this without link*, could it actually be that you netdecked (sounds better than stole, doesn't it?) the list from there? If yes, please, add some credits."

      If you approached like that, I could even actually add your deck in my post, to show an alternative build. As said a lot in the past, I'm not a blogger that looks for readers, I just write to improve some of my english and YGO skills, so it's ok for me to post a link to someone other's post/blog, if needed.

      Said that, hope you believed me, sorry for the arrogant tone I had initially, but it was needed because of yours.

      Delete
  2. So not only did you take the deck list, you even took the name, and now you want to deny it? When you google oni loop, my deck and posts in the zombie thread are the first things that come up. I think it's clear to anyone with common sense what happened here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's so not-probable with that? DAD is one of my favourite and main bosses of the deck, while Oni is the one that makes it possible, that's how a name is made. And, just sayin', on DN this is called OniDAD without the "-" in the middle, while on You-go it's called OniLoop, I just give different name everywhere, It's just more probable that some were already taken, lol.
      And, for the sake of the original reasoning, why would I have googled that if I built that while talking on MSN? It's just that what you're saying has no true meaning.
      And, please, keep calm, as you know it wouldn't take even a couple of seconds erasing your posts, if I'm not doing that is because I'm sure I'm right.

      Delete
  3. magidolce salame di cioccolato31 December 2012 at 12:09

    Everybody can have an idea,so what is your problem? i built this deck with cranes and busfare made a video, so this deck is nota yours Lol.
    @Leo: che ne pensi di usare le cranes? Sono molto carine sisi. Traduci tu per me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cranes are okay, but that'll need Zombie World, and changing a little the build.

      Delete
  4. magidolce salame di cioccolato31 December 2012 at 17:32

    You are right...

    ReplyDelete