02/08/2012

Banned List Wonders, what I'd like and what konami'll do

You know, they will never ever match.


Well, banlist, we meet again, happens like twice a year.
Straight to the point of the post, I'd like to see all the actual meta destroyed. I'm sure it won't happen, though, and I won't even like the crisis of all the players friends of mine asking what should I build without those great deck? The first choice of everyone would be antimeta, I believe, and I wouldn't like that, so, no.
Let's build up the banned list.

What I'd like:
Tear apart those nasty Wind-Ups, unlikely to happen given that konami doesn't give a fuck about. Best way would be Hunter, since I'd like to play wind-ups if they lost the loop. I'd prefer banning Hunter than limiting zenmaity for this exact reason.

Hit those Inzektors, they're broken in OCG, so that wouldn't be that unlikely to happen, but I heard lot of players talking abot banning one at random between dragonfly and hornet. I won't like that, I'm going for the limitation of centipede or damsel. Why? Because banning damsel would be the end of inzektors, banning hornet would mean the end of competitive inzektors, they would just be a mindless 4fun that goes into R5. Limiting centipede would result in a less competitive inzektors, but still there, since you could do dragonfly-hornet-centipede-hornet-add dragonfly and then go into another inzektor next turn with dragonfly. Still, it would be still mindless game. Limiting dragonfly would result into dragonfly-hornet-centipede-hornet-?. Probably, just say one at random, giga-mantis, set some traps, save your monsters for the next turn and combo again. That would be the way I'd play Inzektors with the limit of dragonfly, and I'd like it, kinda controllish, more mindgame oriented, at times.

Some screws on chaos dragons, I'd like BLS banned again, that would hit the general scene, too, and maybe redmd. I'd like to keep future fusion, since I like a lot that card. With one redmd even drawing into future in the first hand wouldn't be that big of an advatage, since it could be stopped with typhoon, at least.

I'd like to keep hieratics as they are, only limit redmd to reduce their power on some easy comboes. I'm not seeing this happening, though, since konami still needs to sell gustaph in Europe TCG and likes.

Rabbit could be damaged by hitting rabbit itself, maybe limit it should be good. Consider that most player will play some possible dead draws like gold sarcophagus in order to use rabbit the fastest way possible.

Nothing on heroes, maybe indirectly doing some with hitting again MST, putting it at 1, should be enough.

Given the absence of heavy storm in Yugi's World, I'll believe they'll ban it again (I'd hope for that, too), and giant trunade will come back, if the ban of heavy happens. I'm Lovin' It.

Here's my list, then:
Banned
Wind-Up Hunter
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Black Luster Soldier - EotB

Limited:
Inzektor Dragonfly
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Mystical Space Typhoon
Giant Trunade
Rescue Rabbit
Dark Magician of Chaos

Semi-Limited
Magician of Faith
Solemn Judgment

Un-Limited
Tsukuyomi

Yeah, I know, you're blaspheming right now, why both Magician of Faith and Tsukuyomi? And, why magician at 2 while tsukuyomi at three? Why DMOC? Why Judgment?
Well, I won't hate if that old and slow loop would come back to be played, it has tons and tons of ways to get rid of it. Indeed, I'd like it.

Magician is at 2 only because of the fact she's splashable in everything. At two it would be a little slower, so that it would be nothing special, except in apprentice build, I believe. However, those recruiters (in this case apprentice) are slow, they can be easily avoided by using other ways to destroy/remove/bounce/spin them, other than attacking, same goes for magician. What's more, I banned Reborn and left there dark hole and 1 typhoon with 1 book of moon (yeah, lol) and 1 giant trunade, playable, not broken. However, being able to re-use those DH, MST and Trunade will make the game a little more mindgame-oriented. Tsukuyomi on the other side is good, but too slow, actually there's maestroke, easily summonable, does the same work, has a good resistance and doesn't get "spirited" at the end of the turn. Let's push those 4fun spirit deck.

DMOC is there mainly because I like it, and then because of the fact that I believe konami would like to sell lots of spellbook, won't they? More, I banned Reborn, we'll recycle the other staples. Like Magician of Faith, recyling those cards will make the game more mindgame-oriented.

Why Judgment? No reason at all, I just liked it being semilimited as its companion warning.

Konami could do:
Banned:
Wind-Up Hunter
Heavy Storm
Inzektor Hornet (if there is neither Dragonfly nor centipede in the limited zone)

Limited:
Giant Trunade
MST
DMOC
Inzektor Dragonfly/Inzektor Centipede

Semi-Limited
Totally don't know

Un-limited
Again, don't know, but something that has been at 2 for long time, maybe BTH or 7 Tools.


Well this was all, but remember, I'm saying this for my and all of the other bloggers' sake, Konami is known as trollnami for some reasons, I believe it's kinda impossible to guess a banned list reasoning and getting them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment