04/08/2012

Hieratics

Let's start sayin' I don't play Hieratic, since I don't like those kind of comboes that summon big beaters, it's just me, however.
I'm here to talk about those Hieratics and the splashability of some.
Tefnuit+Su+Wattail+Luster dragon+Seal of convocation is the generic splashable engine. I believe we all saw at least once Gishki Hieratic, right?
For those who didn't, it's basically Gishki with some hieratics, that because when sent to the grave with aquamirror their effect triggers. Well, given that Gustkrake (view two random cards in your opponent's hand, put one back to the deck) is LV6 too, like the hieratis and their vanilla, they're often used for tributes, but there's a major loop. It revolves around Ptolemys. Discard shadow to search aquamirror, tribute tefnuit/su to summon gustkrake, -1 the opponent, then hieratic's eff and summon wattail, wattail+gustkrake=ptolemys, eff ptolemys, detatch gustkrake, retake shadow, eff mirror, bounce back gust and put mirror back in the deck, effect shadow, take mirror, use mirror, tribute another hieratic, special summon gustkrake and repeat using all the cards you can to recycle them.

However I was going to talk about this little engine tweaked a little in monarchs.
Why Monarchs? They're all lv6, they like to recycle their tribute monsters, they can provide tributes without relying on treeborn frog and they can make lots of comboes and generate lots of OTKs.
Well, I'd use the Engine as: 3 Tefnuit, 2 Seal of Convocation, 1 Wattail. If you aren't going to use treeborn (I'd recommend using it, but don't will let you use most good traps without fearing anything), I'd recommend even the third seal.
Well, before continuing, I'll say that I never ever builded it or played it, so this is just how I would build it.
Here's how I build this:
-Main engine: 3 Caius, 2 Mobius (against macro cosmos)/2 Raizas (they're more versatile, but poersonal preferences, however pretty much everyone will go into Raizas, Know That);
-Support engine: 3 Tefnuit, 2/3 Seal of convocation, 1 Wattaildragon;
-Support engine #2 (optional): 3 Swap Frog, 2 Ronintoadin, 2 Treeborn Frog, 3 Enemy Controller, 1/2 Creature Swap, 1 Gorz;
-Staple spells: Book of Moon, Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, 2 Typhoons;
-Support cards: 1-3 Illusionsnatches (the deck can play this too, and if you tribute summon a hieratic you can go into atum with this, and thus play REDMD. I find 3 copies of this too much, though, I'd play 2, I believe), 0-3 REDMD (personal preferences, I'll play 2 I believe);
-Other Tributes: 3 Battle Faders;

Some other possible cards are: Foolish Burial (with the frog engine) and Pot of Avarice (random recycling&drawing)

So this is approsimatively how I would build it:

Monsters: [24]
1 Wattaildragon
3 Caius
2 Raiza
3 Battle Fader
2 Illusionsnatch
3 Tefnuit
3 Swap Frog
2 Treeborn Frog
2 Ronintoadin
1 Gorz
2 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Spells: [15]
3 Enemy Controller
2 Creature Swap
2 Hieratic Seal of Convocation
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Foolish Burial
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: [1]
1 Treacherous Trap Hole

I could have forgotten something, so take this as a skeleton, more than a real build.
You may be wondering why this post is made like this without testing it. Well, it's just that tomorrow I'll go on a little holiday (2 days), so I'm preparing something, and this evening there's my favourite little cousin's birthday and I must go, so after this I've no free time till tuesday when I'll be back.
However, I already wrote the card review and planified the day and hour of the post. I put it on Monday, at 10 o' clock, in Italy. Here we have GMT+1, just do your maths, I'll give a cookie to the first one to comment, LOL.

Well, See Ya.

2 comments:

  1. I like the support Tefnuit, works very well with monarchs in general and with Messier 7. I think in this momento also an use with Emergency Teleport to make Synchro Lv 8 easy, and maybe Krebons for Void Ogre, I don't know how it could work but I like it. Very good work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sorry this was a kinda fast post, but I'm not home (now I'm on the phone).
      Yeah, I like E-tele support, mainly as a tribute engine, though, or going into random lv8 synchros, but I believe we won't see void ogre in some builds like that, since it's hard not to have cards in hand, here.
      However, I play some void ogre dedicated builds, so I'm okay with that, lol.

      Delete