28/06/2012

Beta Overdrive Frog Monarch

Uh? Are you saying that I'm doing too much post on this deck? Probable, but I said that if I didn't find a deck that I could mantain for a long time I would grow bored more than I'm now, so this isn't necessary a bad thing, what's more I said, promised, that I would post the decklist, so it was.



Monsters: [29]
3 Battle Fader
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
2 Esper Girl
1 Gorz
3 Hushed Psychic Cleric
1 Mental Seeker
3 Overdrive Teleporter
3 Psychic Commander
1 Ronintoadin
2 Serene Psychic Witch
3 Swap Frig
2 Tragoedia
2 Treeborn Frog

Spells: [11]
1 Dark Hole
2 Emergency Teleport
3 Enemy Controller
1 Foolish Burial
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon


I noticed how Extra Deck is totally personal, so I won't list. If you're curious or you don't know what to put in, look at my Extra.

However, the only cards I'll never change in number/drop will be Fader, Caius, Gorz, Cleric, Swap, Treeborn, obvious staples, E-Con, Teleport, Burial and Typhoon.

Why? Except from staples, Fader is awesome, same for E-Con, Teleport, Caius, Burial and Swap. Gorz is essential, when you're losing or you drew into nothing, this card can win you games too, Cleric is needed in 3 copies because you're going to combo a lot with here, I even started with 3 of her for some unlucky rounds, but she was awesome however, since you could combo however and provide good tribute fodders for tribute monsters, mainly Overdrive. Typhoon at two is kinda awesome, since it won't clog and you'll have the perfect number (3 with heavy) for your backrow hate.

I was thinking of adding Synchro Fusions, Ultimate Axon Kicker and Exterio, to be precise, but maybe they'll be a bit situational. Exterio is surely situational, not hard to summon, but since you have Beast and Barkion on the field you won't use them for Exterio, probably. What's more the Extra Deck is tight, if you look closely there isn't BRD, I'm going to add it at Gaia's place. I wanted to find a slot for Axon Kicker in the Extra, in the main I could simply drop 1 Tragoedia, but the problem is in the Extra.
There's one thing in the Extra I noticed, for some reason I never used R3 XYZs, maybe I could drop them and put in an Axon and one more synchro, maybe BRD in order to keep Gaia.
The reason why I don't want to drop gaia is that he's the only that will let us OTK. Strangely, even if comboeing in a nice way, it's pretty hard to OTK with this deck, one of the most probable cases is with the combo I said in the previous post, summoning Librarian, Gaia and Red Dragon Archfiend, right 8000 damages, but the opponent have to have a clear field, that's why I'd prefer going into a control combo, Beast+Barkion+Stardust, that's 7200, but given that you're drawing with Esper Girl you could draw into an Emergency Teleport and win attacking this way, OR going into Librarian+Brionac (to bounce threats)+Stardust/Scrap (based on how much you have to destroy), 7500 damges, 2 draws with Librarian and 2 total draws with Esper, and 3 discards with cleric, you have some probabilities to draw into some Reborn/Emergency Teleport and win.

When playing this deck you should take care of 2 things, take down opponent's backrow the most possible AND don't forget nothing. Personally I lost 2 duels last night because I did the wrong combo the first time and because I forgot to resummon stardust, that because I was sleepy, lol. However playing on Dueling Network and playing IRL is lot different, you won't forget stardust while playing IRL, while on Dueling Network it is kinda easy.

That should be all, if you have some questions, just ask. See Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment