23/04/2012

Introduction to...Madolche indirect-supports and builds

I was looking forward to write this post, I love this archetype and how they work. Before you read, this will be a lacking-image post, but i'll explain why in another post, it has nothing to do with Madolche or other Yu-Gi-Oh stuff. Oh, just a little thing, you need to read all the post, don't jump from a card to another, or else you can read only how to do a build of madolche, because I noticed now, when reading what I wrote that I did a lot of mentions to other cards.

Guardian Eatos: such a beautiful card, I liked that card since the first time I saw it. It is a good card in deck with a low monster count, usually, or macro, but generally it has to be used in the first turns of the game to fulfill her conditions. But here, in Madolche, you've got the boss monster summonable everytime, by just having no monster in grave, you'll have a 2500 ATK LV8 monster. I'd reccommend this in builds without Puddingcess, because Eatos tends to clog your grave and you won't gain pudding's boost effect, but you can play this together, too. I like this over puddingcess a lot of times, but it depends from the build. When I play this i usually play a transmigration prophecy, too. I'll talk about it.

Secret Village of Spellcasters: this was the first thing i thought of when I saw butlerusk. Remember this strings of text? " First moment I saw a Madolche I thought "what a beautiful artwork", second time, when I read their effect, I thought "they're pretty good and can recycle well", then, the third time i read butlerusk's effect and thought "--------- (censured, you'll read this later), he's spellcaster (maybe you got it now)". Works perfectly in the offering build, but sadly he's bottomless-able.". The censured part was "VILLAGE-SEARCHING MONSTER, he's a spellcaster". Just summon majo, add butler, next turn summon butler and search for village, activate it and lock opponent's spells. I like Offering with village, too. I'd recommend 1 at least in every build.

Transmigration Prophecy: yeah, works good when you need to send a moadolche to the grave for summoning puddingcess, for example, or to put back Eatos to have the full boost for puddingcess, you could use manner for the latter, but manner is way too situational. I see it like a crow that needs to be setted, but after this he is surely better. Let's compare them (I won't say about setting the card first because I said that here):
               -Sending back in deck is better than banish in this meta, leviair abuse with tour everywhere.
               -2 cards are better than 1, expecially if the way it takes out those cards from the grave is even better as said first.
               -Prophecy has other uses, like de-clogging your grave from eatos and unneeded madolches.
               -Crow clogs the grave, but we never considered even playing him in this deck for this.
               -Last but not least (or maybe yes) prophecy can act like a bait for MSTs and be chained. Imagine, your opponent is attacking your pudding without her own boost (so she has 1000) with his monster, chain this and give another boost to pudding and destroy your opponent monster, other than another card.

Ultimate Offering: comboes with majo, expecially with village. Majo-Majo-Majo-Butler-Village, XYZ into Alchemic Magician and in end phase search for forbidden lance to protect your monster. You can even XYZ Into shock ruler and stop opponent's card, I like to stop monsters against inzektors, Wind-ups, hieroglyph and so on.

Black Garden: yeah, y'all know what's the biggest problem with madolche, don't you? Low attack. Then why don't summon a big monster, like eatos, boosted pudding, any xyz and activate this? It will be like your monster's attack is doubled, pretty good, uh?

Geartown: easy to understand, search a lot of field spells with butler, and summon alot of gadjiltron. Here you have boss monster.

Safe Zone: protect your spellcaster monster when using Village or protect your puddingcess to attack and use her effect with no problem to kill any annoying card. I love this card, I used to play this in everywhere, chain to some heavy, MSTs or cards like that, and destroy big opponent's monster.

Forbidden Lacne: again, the problem with madolche is that they have lowATK, so lower your opponent's and that's good. This is good for blocking opponent's spell card, too.

Psychic Engine: Teleport and commander/krebons into some Naturia synchros or other random synchros. I like barkion in here, you can remove your own monste to de-clog your grave, even if it isn't even needed, and then xyz into leviair to re-summon them.

Malefic Stardust Dragon: protect your spell, expecially village. You can't use Dark Hole to destroy him because of village, you can't destroy village with tornado because of stardust, you can't activate other field spell card because of village, that's good, isn't it?

In the extra deck I like to put, other than the obvious synch/XYZ, even the cards I'm going to talk abot now.

Blade Armor Ninja: everyone who played this can confirm this statement: Blade Armor generates free OTKs.
That's not untrue, but how could I summon this in Madolches? With double chouxvalier, and, yeah, that's pretty hard to do, but not impossible. Due to madolche being completely unrelated with grave, you'll have space for this in the extra, if you aren't playing an XYZ or Synchro build, and you may use this to win a game, when graveyard is no more important.

Heroic Champion Excalibur: all I said for blade ninja goes here.

Daigusto Emeral: even if it is a staple for OCG players, I'd like to talk about this too. He's other than a staple, even a card needed in madolches deck graveyard-unrelated, to de-clog your grave and let you draw a card. Bad side is, no matter what you do, you'll have at least a mosnter in the grave: you need at least 3 monster in grave to use his effect, even if you're going to detach the third to send back in deck, so, put 3 back and send 1 to grave. This acts good for drawing, though.

M.X-Saber Invoker: don't know if anyone else thought about this, but I did. Just use mille-feuille to summon another copy of himself or mouple and xyz. The card you'll summon will be of course chouxvalier. That's not that useful, but it may help for summoniung Blade/Excalibur.


The Builds
OK, madolches have a lot of different builds possible, I'll list here some, but surely there are some other.

Madolche Classic: just put in a bunch of madolche, some protections, madolche chateou, some staples, and you're done. In here I play double summon instead of offering, sometimes, but I don't really like this build, too much simple.

Madolche Synchro: put in the madolches monster you like the most except for puddingcess and then put in the psychic engine, some hand traps, whatever you want. Don't forget to put Naturia Synchros and some good XYZs in the extra deck.

Madolche Geartown: looks like a classic madolche, but with gadjiltron (usually 2) and 3 Geartown. I don't like to use pudding in here, but you may. I like to play offering in here, too.

Madolche Village: yeah, the one I like the most, Madolches, offering, Secret Village of Spellcasters, here you can even play pudding if you don't mind not using Alchemic Magician.

This was pretty all. In the next days I'll talk about something related to the blog (as said in the first part of the post) and compare Mirror Force to Dimensional Prison. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment