30/12/2012

Evilswarm, Tests and Builds

Evilswarm, if you're Malaysian you totally know what I'm talking about. Evilswarms are getting lots of attention lately in Malaysia (source: Digital Mortal, I'm not Malaysian), as such, lots of people started building and playing it. It's an easy guess, even as an Italian yugioh player, that Evilswarms will be considered part of the meta in a short time there in OCG-land, specifically Malaysia because of the different meta.
As I read about that, though, I remembered having an old list on my pc of Evilswarms. I like the entire 'lswarm archetype, I played those nasty steelswarms, too, when they were just released, and thus it was obvious I had one.
Let's start saying I NEVER saw another build of Evilswarms nor played against them before those last two days, so all I did was on my own and of course it was different from other builds. Said so:
I play a rabbit build, as I think everyone does since it looks like the most intelligent option right now. I play 6 vanilla monsters, 3 of those are obvious Heliotropes. I remember myself thinking while building that list that Sabersaurus would have been wonderful, since we're already going for the control route, so laggia/dolkka could just have been better. Even though, I decided to play 3 Archfiend Soldier. I didn't really remember why, but I continued reading my list and everything matched, in the end.
I did play some mandragos and thunderbird, and tour engine (now 2 tours, 1 sangan and 1 night assailant, but previously it was 3 tours and 1 sangan). Going on the spells I noticed what was off for sabersaurus: Dark Calling. 3 Dark Callings, not one. Seeing that I remember everything about the build.
I basically went for the control routes with Ophion and Thanatos, sometimes stealing opponent's monsters with Bahamut, and then, when we were late game, with few options left, I could have relied on Dark Calling on Gaia for giant beatsticks (sometimes 1900 Archfiend Soldier + 2600 Pearl, or 1950 Heliotropes + 2350 Thanatos, or 1900+1950 or 2600+2350). Dark Calling was either played late game, as a finisher, or early game, to attempt to some OTKs or giant damages to prevent your opponent's future Warnings on your key monsters.
I'm actually trying to perfectionate it, 'cause I'm liking it. I should check some builds online, but that wouldn't help because the gamestyle is way different.

See Ya.

P.s. in the tags there's the Verz tags. For those who don't know, Verz is the OCG name of Evilswarms, and since I already posted with that tag, I'd prefer to keep this one.

3 comments:

  1. This deck is amazing, a friend of mine just started to use it and he beated me like nothing, it's really solid and it give field/hand control.

    Did you try the Verz-Dino build?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, pretty much, but I didn't want to use Laggia/Dolkka, if I were to use them I would have used Sabersaurus in place of Soldiers.

      Delete
    2. Well, Laggia/dolkka Ophion lockdown is overpowered, the only way is use something like kaiser colosseum or prohibition.

      Delete