14/09/2012

Karakuri +1


Monsters: [19]
2 Cyber Dragons
3 Ninishi
3 Inashichi
1 Haipa
1 Sazank
1 Nanashick
3 Kuick
2 Nisamu
1 Nishipachi
2 Saizan

Spells: [14]
1 Dark Hole
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy Storm
1 Instant Fusion
3 Karakuri Anatomy
3 Karakuri Cash Cache
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: [7]
3 Call of the Haunted
3 Safe Zone
1 Starlight Road


The Extra is pretty randomish, same of the main, though.
Well, let's start saying that I NEVER built Karakuris in the past aiming to the meta, I was always doing strange builds that tried to loop strangely, but this time, suddenly, I thought "well, let's try doing a competitive one, more or less", and so it was.
Given this, I have no clue of how a competitive Karakuri should be built, I didn't looked for other builds so that they wouldn't have affected mine, so this is my very first attempo to a competitive build without following Karakuri Players and their standard.
Let's see some cards:
2 Cyber Dragon, good cards to synchro, initially they were 2 other instant, but, ya know, going into three instant would have meant 3 slots for fusions in the extra, I just couldn't afford that, I would have lose cards that really interested me there. So I chose those. What's more, they can go into fortress with opponent's monsters, but something that someone does forgot, usually, is that you can use it with your own monsters to bring a badass. Well, not that usefully, but still, remember it.
3 Ninishi, core of my deck, basically. 2 Normal Summons per turn are just too good, expecially if one is a tuner.
3 Inashichi, searcher, good, awesome, tera-mega-giantly-cool searcher. And goes into Naturia Beast. Core of the deck, along with ninishi.
1 Haipa, lv4 non-tuner beater, good one.
1 Sazank, love this card, was even thinking to bring him at 2. Helps against rabbit but even against other random decks, minusing your opponent while sending and not destroying is awesome. If you do that in your turn, even direct attacking isn't bad. And LV3 is just awesome at some times to do barkion.
1 Nanashick. As said, don't know how competitive builds are, but I guess they don't play this. Well, just can't get why. I always had the need to bring a level 5 non-tuner while comboeing with ninishi to do bureido, but when I tried it without nanashick, I just felt the need of it.
3 Kuick, yup, awesome card, don't even need to explain.
2 Nisamu, only two because I took out the other one for nanashick, but still, I believe the third one wasn't needed.
1 Nishipachi, sometimes I felt the need for a second one, but I believe it would be way too DD.
2 Saizan, just the perfect number, IMO.

Jumping the staples, I'd say:
2 Lance, protection for beast, in both ways since the best way to get rid of it is by attacking. Good card itself, though.
1 Instant Fusion, I explained why just 1 in the Cyber Dragon part.
3 Anatomy, half-core of the deck, draws, draws, and draws. Speeds everything up and goes into crazy +1s.
3 Cash Cache, the other half of that core, searches like hell, while fueling anatomy. Goes into crazy +1s.

3 Call of the Haunted, lets some more comboes, or even starting them. Good card is good. (Sometimes it happened to bring back a Naturia Beast because the opponent summoned his inashichi, mirror match obviously, and searched a cash cache. Well, lol, CotH on Naturia Beast. What's left is to cry)
3 Safe Zone, protection, mainly on beast, but works on everything, and if it gets heavy storm'd or MST'd while face-down, you can just chain it and equip it to an opponent's monster to kill it.
1 Starlight Road, random protection, but it's really, really good.

So, so, so, so, everyone, even non-karakuri players, noticed that there was no protection at all, right?
Why's that? Slots, mainly, keeping all those cores means a lot of slots. However, I'm trying to fit in at least a Gorz or Tragoedia, maybe dropping 1 haipa.
PROs and CONs of gorz and tragoedia:
Gorz has always a giant ATK and summons another beatstick along with him, but needs an emptyfield, and Call of the Haunted usually don't lets that happen.
Tragoedia has an unknown ATK, but it should, usually, be good, since we draw a lot, could reach 3000 with 5 cards, and has other effects, what's more it doesn't need an empty field.

I think I'll chose the second one, tragoedia, since it's easily summonable and has other effects along with ATK boosting.

Another thing, about the extra, I don't think I can really fit XYZs in there, but I think they'll be needed. The only thing I can think of drop 1 copy is bureido, and even librarian, since here it's hard to do it before continue comboeing. I'd put a Zenmaines and a Gear Gigant, I believe. Sad they're both machine, so they both get hit by opponent's Cyber Dragons, if he sides them. I'd like to fit in a Big Eye too, but really dunno what to remove for that.


Well, that's it, the build works, try it out, and if you're a karakuri player, please, don't tell me to radically change build, but just talk about this one, thanks.
See Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment