25/02/2013

March 1st: Next Meta, Renewal

With the coming of the new banlist, I've got lots of things to do. The two things aren't related, I'm busy because of other thingies, and thus I didn't have time to work on my decks for the new meta more than a little bit. For this exact reason I decided to write this post about changes in Yugioh and changes that will affect my decks and how.
First of all, general meta:
Meta should be easily Mermails and Spellbooks, highly supported by Konami, and Fire Fists.
Fire Fist is a great deck that I don't like to play (sadly, others say it is plenty of fun) and has a lot of potential. I don't know this one very well, but it is easy to guess that after some time after the banlist (about 3 weeks at most) most will drop Vorse Raiders. The reason Vorse Raiders were played was pretty much DDV. Currently, though, the main thing that DDV hit was Wind-Up, and the latter won't see much play, even though I'm really liking this one now. Bear aside, the deck doesn't even cost too much (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not really expert with prices).
Mermail and Spellbooks won't change much, Mermail is play-ready from the first days of the new meta without any problem, while spellbook is still waiting Judgment Day in the TCG.
Hand Traps are about to become useless, since neither Veiler nor Maxx are that good against those decks. However, if you're forced to play one (like me with Hootcake in Madolches), play 2 Veilers and you're okay.

This is our meta. End.

My decks:
Let's first say that the next meta I'm probably working on my decks more than usual, if I get some time, because I wouldn't want to play one of those three for tournaments (even on DN, I just don't want to). I'm probably working on them to make them meta-ready, and thus have big advantages against those decks. As of now, I'm playing Gate HEROes, AZ kills Mermail and I can do something against Spellbooks. However, even though I didn't test yet against Fire Fists, they should have the upper hand, because my AZ's blow-ups can't do a thing against a previously on the field bear or an addition tensu's summon.

For the other decks, let's see Chain Beat. Here is my previous list, I believed I changed it alot, even though not remember how, even before the new banlist. As you can guess, Tour is bad now in this deck, since I can't bring Zenmaity anymore. This isn't that hard to update, I just have to change my main search engine for Rabbit with another one. Tenki's the way. Dropping the entire Tour engine we get 4 slots, dropping a Warning will result in 5. We have multiple ways to use those. 3 Tenkis and 2 Bears. Provides search power and additional searchable monster hate. With 2 TKs this is a viable option, however I'm trying to get this in RL, and thus I can't make it cost that much. For a budget build it will simply be 3 Tenki and 2 Winged Rhynos or 2 Tenkis, 2 rhynos and 1 Horn (great card), or 3 tenki, 1 rhynos, 1 horn. I believe the latter is quite unstable, since I've got 4 targets for 3 cards. It's true that tenki has a power-upping effect, but 3 for that isn't that good, and opening multiples maybe isn't awesome. What's more, 3 could clog your S/Ts, so I'm using the second. In the other changes I already did there is an Orichalcos mained. It's great because Rabbits becomes, usually, 1400+500+100=2000, more than TK, and Rhynos can take care of Megalo, Junon and Soko.
I'm waiting for Thunderbirds and HA7 to play them, and the build should change alot.

Infernities XYZ. A general guide here. Well, I'm not playing this in RL for economical reasons, but with Lavalval it could be great against Mermails: they can't play Macro Cosmos and we have easy access to Dweller. Spellbooks could be a rough match-up, but I think we can handle them and possibly OTK 'em. Fire Fists are still unknown to me, so I don't know.

Collapserpent-Wyburster Monarch. Here the list. As usual, it can get Dweller out, thus it is good thing against Mermails. It plays Vanity's Fiend leaving only Undine and Pike+infantry as an out to it. As for spellbooks, we can't get Shock Master out, but Caius, Vanity's Fiend and Soul Exchange can give them an hard time. No MUs here.

Madolches. As you probably know, there'll be Hootcake in LTGY. That one card will give us Madolche player a giant push in the right direction. We can easily do Tiara on turn 1, if necessary (it sure isn't). Of course we have access to Dweller as nothing, and with some effort to Shock Master, too. Having both is great for the next meta.

There will be the main decks I'll work on, given what I know right now.


Here is all I could write in these days, sorry if I'm really busy and can't write more. See Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment