15/02/2013

1st March 2013: Banlist Revealed

Forbidden:
Sangan
Wind-Up Zenmaity

Limited:
Wind-Up Magician
One Day of Peace
Solemn Warning

Semi-limited:
Tsukuyomi
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Advanced Ritual Art

Freed:
Spore
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Shien's Smoke Signal
Mind Crush

Let's start first saying that, as most of you know, March's Banlist is the economic-based one. Konami always tries to get as much money as they can from it.
If you didn't know, it could be guessed by seeing this. Let's see the balist closely, now:

Sangan Forbidden. Got a tour? I won't mind Torrential Tributing you on the second monster's summon instead of the first or none at all.
Zenmaity Banned. Got a Wind-Up? Well, you'd better change how it's built.
Magician Limited. Read up here, has pretty much the same meaning.
One Day of Peace Limited. Sad. I loved that FTK.
Warning Limited. Not that I care, in RL I didn't even have one even though I play 4 Antimeta decks, lol.
Tsukuyomi Semi-limited. It's been limited for 6 months, I tried hard to use it succesfully somewhere, but found nothing, only Prophecies are good enough.
Rai-Oh Semi-limited. That's great for lots of meta decks, expecially the ones that are coming.
ARA Semi-limited. Like this. I always wanted to play Herald with 2 ARAs, and I always loved Demise OTK.
Spore Freed. Nah, I don't give a fuck, only places where I'd play it are Gigavise decks, and I'd always play 1 Spore and 1 Copy Plant, aside from Glow-Up back at 1 at least.
Kalut Freed. Hate Konami. I hate facing BWs, and with three Kaluts it will be just worse.
Lumina Freed. Like this. I used to play Lightsworn XYZ since when they semi-limited Lumina, and It'll just get better.
Shien's Smoke Signal. Oh. Like Samurais, but I don't want to play them.
Mind Crush. Meh.

As you could have guessed, most of the cards were for economical reasons. Sangan Forbidden because they stopped selling Tour and the new decks won't really use the Tour Engine.
Same thing for Zenmaity and Magician, they stopped selling WUs, and they want to clear the way for new decks.
ODOP enabled a really good FTK that wasn't expensive and with cards they already stopped selling. At 1 it'll be way harder to loop, even though it is possible. Luckily, it reduces the power of Exodia Decks and Final Countdown.
Rai-Oh cleared the way for other decks, Prophecies mainly since they're getting Judgment of the spellbooks.
Lumina is a LIGHT support for a LIGHT deck, and we're getting Judgment of the Light briefly (relatively), random supports for light monsters.

Now, New meta's thoughts:
Prophecies and Mermails for sure, I think there'll be some WUs rebuilt for the meta, some samurais for the first month, and if it is successful it will see some more play. Herald will be played, and will be a lot more stable than in the past. Some more BWs.

Personal Thoughts:
Sad for my Chain Beat, but I'll be able to play some more techs. I wanted to play serpentine princess, and in april we'll get Thunderbird. I'll restart playing Herald and Lightsworn once again. I'll definitely play WUs.

No comments:

Post a Comment