26/05/2012

Tips for Pro Playing #1

I saw the blog was a little dead, but these days I have pretty much nothing to talk about, because I sealed all of my "Single Card discussion" into the "Card of the Week" label, so I wanted to write something. Well, here's I kind of post I think I never did before: Tips for pro playing.
Let's start.

Rule n.0, "Know your deck perfectly"
I'm not a good example for this, I change deck everyday, so I can never remember EVERYTHING about my deck, but I'm fine with that as long as I have fun. BUT, if you want to play competitively, this rule is the basis for everything. As long as you know perfectly your deck, you can increase your probability of winning by the 200% of actual probabilities, except that for mono-combo and auto-pilot decks.

Rule n.1, "Know the meta"
I was going to write three different rules for this, but I decided to put 'em together. This helps preventing opponent's unexpected moves because you know his deck and how it is built, it helps facing some situation where you don't know what that set card is, because if you know how his deck looks like, less or more, you can foresee that.
To achieve this I'd recommend trying all the decks in today's meta and read the more you can about them on the net, selecting a version and reading a lot of other lists on the net to see techs. Repeat this for every deck and for every variant to be preparated to EVERYTHING.

Rule n.2, "Take your time"
Yeah, take your time, this was going to be rule n-0, but I changed my mind about that. You have time to thing about every move, read always all of the opponent's cards, you have the right to do that, look at the opponent's grave/field to foresee what he's going to do (in a deck full of dark monsters, if he has 3 DARK monsters in the grave, summon that TK to negate DAD's summon). This rule is highly related to others, that's why I wanted to put that first.

Rule n.3, "Don't stop, never give up"
Never give up, never, if your opponent is in a big advantage there could be one card that can save you, and, if your opponent is playing an highly combo related deck, or a deck taht has a long and difficult combo, look good at his moves, something could go wrong and you could always win. Of course do this only in tournaments if you're really interested in it, because that's lame if you're doing that in 4fun games.

Rule n.4, "Like Poker"
BLUFF, you can do that. This is related to the previous rule if your opponent is in a big advantage, and there's a card that can save you, even if you don't play that card, bluff as you have it, that really helps. Face expressions, some movements, laughs or simply smiles could help you making your opponent think you drew into that.

Ok, that's NOT all, I'll continue this, so stay tuned, only two days and I'll post the next card of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment