21/05/2012

Card of the Week #1: Future Fusion

First of all, introduction to this kind of post. I'll post one of these once a week, on monday, if I can't on monday, i'll do that on sunday, rarely on tuesday. This is created to help posting some contents on the blog even when I've no ideas about decks. I won't anymore talk about random cards during the week, I'll do that only in the "Card of the Week" label, this will let me not to run off of ideas.
I'll talk about some underrated cards, known and played cards to help newbies understand better how to use them and other comboes less-known with those cards, known cards but not used, side deck cards and so on.
Let's start this.
Reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and send, from your Main
Deck to the Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on
that Fusion Monster Card. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this 
card's activation, Special Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your 
Extra Deck and target it with this card.  (This Special Summon is treated
a Fusion Summon.) When this card leaves the field, destroy that target.
When that target is destroyed, destroy this card.

Random rulings:


Dimension Fortress Weapon: “Future Fusion” cannot be activated while “Dimension Fortress Weapon” is on the field. If “Future Fusion” is activated, and “Dimension Fortress Weapon” is Summoned in a chain, the effect of “Future Fusion” is not applied, no monsters are sent to the Graveyard, no Fusion Monster is Special Summoned, and “Future Fusion” remains on the field meaninglessly.

Pot of Duality: You can activate Pot of Duality and Future Fusion during the same turn.


On wikia this wasn't written in the TCG section, but all of the player know this, "send material to the graveyard isn't cost, it is effect". Yeah, MST.

Now, why am I talking about this card? Because I love this. It is one of the most broken and still alive cards that exists, and I'm going to introduce this to new players and add something to veteran's mind.
Right now future fusion is mostly used in Chaos Dragons, send monsters to the grave and feed all of your Chaos monsters. To do this you'll need a Five Headed Dragon in the extra deck and 5 monsters to send for this card's effect. But, ya know, I hate to talk about obvious things, I prefer less-known uses for really known cards. Another use of this card is seen in HEROes, this card, in facts, was born for that deck, but we use that in another way: this fills the grave with random HEROes by using Zephyrus.

Basically:
Activate Future, reveal Escuridao (too bad he isn't TCG legal), 
send random Elemental HERO+Zephyrus;
Use Zephyrus effect, bounce Future, take 400 damages and summon zephy;
Activate again and send two monsters you like to the grave.

Sometimes you can send with the second Future Fusion a Plaguespreader and a random HERO, 
SS back Plague, Synchro into Brionac and do what the fuck do you want.

This combo led to the 1-Card-Pennington's-FTK


Too bad this is no more playable, even if I think that some other way to play will appear, expecially with Malicious+Brionac or another random Level 6 monster into Ptolemys. This was the first version of the deck and the combo, he worked alot on that deck and he saw that killed by the banned list, too bad, I feel bad for him, I know how does one feel when things like this happens.

This card can be used in a lot of deck, however, from decks who need Chaos Materials in the grave, to the ones that need to thin the deck, and the ones that use this card as Win Condition. I think that everyone tried thing like this at least one time, no matter if he/she reached the goal or not, but for sure he/she tried building a deck with monsters like Worm Zero or Chimeratech to summon giant beatstick, expecially with chimeratech and Overload Fusion.

If you watched the video above directly in youtube page, there was a troll video from Pennington himself who said that there was an FTK combo with Future Fusion and Tour Bus in a 7 minutes video, but after 1 minute the screen became blank with a black background and some text started to appear, where he says that he's developing that idea, but he succeded into nothing till now.
I think I'll try doing something too, because I think that bus is a viable card to help this FTK in some way. Don't know how to use it, but there should be a way.

Other than crazy comboes and FTKs, this card is useful even when using its real effect, target something, wait and summon a beatstick. Not bad.

Think this was all, didn't want to write a lot because long text are boring to read, and then I tried to summarize all in a relatively short text. ( I hope this is a good use of the word summarize, it sounds bad to me, but from what Google Translate says, this is okay)

Well, this was all, Stay Tuned, I could come up with something new in these days, but that could be hard, given that I have a lot of homeworks and boring things to study.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm writing this the day after I posted this all


Just now I noticed that I wrote Zephyrus a lot of times instead of saying Zephyros, strange

No comments:

Post a Comment