21/08/2013

Oi, oi, New TCG Banlist: IT sucks (or not?)

Banned:
Little Dragon of Fire
Little Dragon of Win
Little Dragon of Earth
Little Dragon of Water
Damned Stratos

Card Destruction
Gateway of the Six
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot of Avarice
Spellbook of Judgment
Super Rejuvenation

Solemn Judgmnet
Ultimate Offering

Shock Master

Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons
Fire Fist - Spirit
Deep Sea Diva
Genex Ally Birdman
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King Rai-Oh

Evigishiki Mind Augus

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

Constellar Ptolemys M7

Dimensional Fissure
Gold Sarcophagus
Royal Tribute

Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Macro Cosmos
Soul Drain
Torrential Tribute

Semi-limited:
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zobmie
T.G. Striker

Fire Formation - Tenki

Dimensional Prison


Freed
DH - Malicious
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Tsukuyomi

A Hero Lives
Black Whirlwind
E - Emergency Call
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat


NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, and NOPE.

Oh, come on, konami! Why'd you do that?
Before starting complaining about the 99% of this Banlist, let's start saying that, differently from the OCG one, this is from September to December, and a new one will be on January.
Oh well, let's read the banned list and decide whether to continue playing YGO or not:

Banned:
Little dragons, thanks god.
Stratos, fuck yourself
Card Destruction...? Would have hurt that much leaving it there?
Gateway, ohw, darn it. Konami HATES warriors.
Heavy Storm, I'd be okay with this IF they put that damned Trunade at 1.
Reborn, I'm about to cry with this one, really.
Pot of Avarice, was it really helping any deck that could have been top meta?
Judgment&Reju, thanks god.
Solemn Judgment...okay, I know it may be related to Heavy, but I wanted it.
Ultimate Offering, again, was it helping any top meta?
Shock Master...Wind-up....I guess. But still, I wanted it to stay.

Limited:
Dragoons&Spirit are regular hits for FF e Mermail.
Deep Sea Diva is an hit for Mermail, again.
Birdamn ,well, was on the other banlist too, and, while I would have preferred it at three, I won't rage over this one.
Rai-Oh-Oh-Oh, leaving some space for SB, uh?
Mind Augus...yeah? What's that? Another hit for Gishki FTK?
Dewloren...oh, come on.
Ptolemys, while hitting more Gishkis, this was probably meant for constellar themselves.
Fissure, darn it.
Sarcophagus...ED, I guess.
Royal Tribute, they thought of GK as broken. Luckily, I saw many players not even maining it.
BTH, CED and TT, various hits due to Heavy Storm. Reasonable.
EEV...looks like it is in the same condition as Ray-Oh.
Macro, going the Fissure path.
Soul Drain, probably similarly to BTH, CED and TT.

Semi-Limited: (at least, this is short)
Mezuki&Plaguespreader, boosts for Zombie. I don't really see the point, but these two are pretty nice. expecially plague (for my decks, I mean).
T.G. Striker. Uhm...Well, I kind of like it.
Prison, not like more than 2 were played, anyway, but this is to prevent them at three after the limiting of the other traps.

Freed:
Malicious, I like it, expecially alongside Plaguespreader.
Earth, not that it really matters, but alongside Striker, it may mean the return of TGAgent.
Tsukuyomi, simply, it was useless on the banlist.
Lives&Call, after having slaughtered HERO with Stratos banned, at least they power it up a little bit.
Whirlwind, they're slowly making BW stand back on its feet. I have never been a fan of BW, though (I hate it, TBH).
Seal of Convocation, they're indeed powering Hieratic to their best. Right now, it is one of the candidates to the top decks, alongside SB.
Scapegoat, I already liked it with the OCG banlist.


Overall: Well, I started by hating it, but in two hours of time, my opinion radically changed. From "I definitely hate it" to "hmm, well, I've got a couple of things to do". I started writing this at 10 am, and the time I finished it at about 12.30, in 2 hours and thirty minutes, we know that anyone can change their mind.

By the way, if you want to read a less long, more generic, meta-towarded and balanced review, read LFN's one, mine was more an outburst than anything.

Well, See Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment