14/11/2012

My take on Meta (or ex-meta) Decks: Infernities


Monsters: [16]
1 Armageddon Knight
1 Dark Grepher
2 Destiny HERO - Malicious
3 Infernity Archfiend
1 Infernity Avenger
2 Infernity Mirage
3 Infernity Necromancer
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
2 Stygian Street Patrol

Spells: [11]
1 Allure of the Darkness
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Heavy Storm
1 Infernity Launcher
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 One for One
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: [13]
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Infernity Barrier
1 Infernity Break
1 Infernity Inferno
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

As always, the extra is pretty random, I tried to fit in everything I could see an use for.
So, let's explain something:
I don't know how infernities are played in this period, but I think they're pretty different from this. The main idea behind this deck is being able to start off with something. Basically, recently I saw an infernity playing, and it often started with setting necromancer and a card and ending the turn. I just didn't like that, because a good deck with a good hand would have killed them, and if it didn't, it would have setted so many cards that would have stopped the deck's plays totally. So I thinked that being able to start off with something on first turn would be great, and so it was. I added plague to freely control my hand and as a lv2 tuner that can go into catastor with a dead necromancer, but mainly to start with some big monsters on turn one with armageddon and such. However, I think this card is great because it isn't hard to have a malicious in the grave with this card. Starting off with grepher+malicious could let you handle even a 4 monsters hand and not only, even more based on the other sources you've got. However, grepher, discard mali, send plague. Oh, see, a first turn Void Ogre Dragon. So, if you didn't notice, this build is kind of based on void ogre. Being able to summon it in early game can win you games, if well played. Trying the deck, you can see how fast it is.

This was the main strategy of the deck, let's see the single cards:

1 Armageddon+1 Grepher+1 Reinforcement of the Army, since emptying your hand is almost as important as setting-up your graveyard, Reinforcement is an awesome card, since you can set it if you can't normal summon this turn. Grepher is an awesome card, but drew late game he's kinda bad if you don't have dark monsters in hand (likely to happen), that's why an armageddon is there, too. That works however and whenever, great card, sheningans with call of the haunted.
2 Malicious+1 Plaguespreader, fast synchro plays and hand clearing. Awesome.
3 Archfiend, 1 Avenger, 3 Necromancer, 2 Mirage. You know how much I love looping and comboeing, right? So 2 mirage is self explanatory. The 3 Archfiend are for search power, the 3 necromancers for reborning and searching with archfiend, and avenger is for synchro power. Why just one Avenger, you may be asking. Space issues. I decided to drop this to 1 copy instead of other cards because this one isn't realy needed at more than 1. Can't be Bottomless'd, can't be prison'd, it would be stupid to Crow it. If they do really remove him some way, you can still recycle him with leviair. 2 Mirage are for looping.
2 Stygians, great card. Other than enabling comboes with mirage, and searchs with archfiend, it easily empties your hand for great plays. Recycling it with leviair is great, too.

Staples, no need to talk about them, right?
1 Allure, draw power and empties hands like a boss. Banishing archfiend when you are able to go into leviair is great, too.
1 Launcher, obvious card, still most tend to forget about the discarding effect.
1 Mind Control, we do play some good tuners, and level 3 and 4 are everywhere in this meta, so why not?
1 One for One, great card, searches your avenger to start comboeing, your mirage to start your loop while discarding a dead monster in your hand.

2 Call of the Haunted, originally those were 3, cutted to 2 because I needed slots. Triggering armageddon like this is great, but this starts comboes everywhere, no need to ask.
2 Compulsory, great card, and versatile. It happened that I bounced my own leviair for the game.
3 Barrier, yeah, I don't know much about how infernities are played right now, still I think of this as a great card. For me, it is a staple in 3x in every build.
1 Break, you may be wondering, only 1? Well, that's not wrong. The card is good, but slots are really a problem, and I didn't expecially liked this card, so it's fine with me.
1 Inferno, great card, empties hands and set-ups the graveyard like a boss.
Solemn Trio, staple.
1 Torrential Tribute, great card.

As for the extra, I want to make you notice, before we continue, that this is a TCG build. However, since there are some cards that would be great from the OCG, I think I should have put them however, so I put them in the side deck. There should have been an Emeral, too, but I forgot it.
As for the TCG extra:
Catastor is a great card.
Colossal against deck that don't have lots of destruction effects, like Chaos Dragon. What's more, he has a really great ATK.
Dark End Dragon, a little cost of ATK points can actually send a monster to the grave bypassing stardust. That's great.
Uruquizas, and not gaia, why? Reapers, that's it.
2 Hundred-Eyes Dragon, loops, loops everywhere.
Infernity Doom Dragon, if only void had the "infernity" word in his name... Oh well, that's what we've got. For great starting hands that could make void ogre but with a couple of barriers, it is a great card.
Scrap, awesome card, needn't to talk.
Stardust, read scrap.
Stygian security, oh, awesome card. You can virtually wipe out a full field. I happened to face a chaos dragon that had tons of big monsters and 1 lyla on the field without any set cards. That was the death my opponent had to face.
2 Void Ogre Dragon, great card, I would have played more if I had slots, still I won't need all of them.
Abyss Dweller, instant detach, and that's needed when comboeing with infernities. Other than this, it is a great card against DWs and atlanteans/mermails and random cards like sangan.
Leviair, looper. Period.
Maestroke, great card to protect yourself. It even is an instant detacher sometimes, and that's needed.


So, so, what do I think about infernities? It is a great deck, with great cards and great comboes. Still, dies to Dimensional Fissure and Shadow Imprisoning Mirror. Awesome deck for casual games. I like how this deck comboes, but my internet connection, recently, is way too slow to enjoy combo decks since it lags alot, and I'm sticking to antimeta.

Hope you enjoyed the post, I'm planning on doing more of this. See Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment